Monday, February 3, 2014

Big Sister Comes Home

La Balita Roja is  a jealous beast.
For Twelfthnight I gave myself a present: I bought a fourth-hand touring motorcycle. A 1986 BMW K75C. With its original black plastic side cases and a 45-liter top case and support. Heated grips. Windscreen. ABS on front and back wheels.
She's been kindly called La Perla Pirata, which I liked. Also, Precioussss, aka Smeagol/Gollum's reference to the Ring. And the Bavarian Wardrobe, rather more unkindly but nonetheless true.
I saw it on the net, from a guy in Barcelona. Luckily my bro Javier Honrubia lives out there and went to see it, bought it for me, had a good look at it and spruced it up and then rode it all the way back to Madrid for me. Above and beyond the call of duty. Javier owned a K75RT for many years and can take one apart with his bare hands and put it back together with only a toothpick and some dental floss.
Here's the fateful Reunion Day:
On route to Madrid

I see the Perla Pirata arrive!

Flexit delivering the goods.

My new precioussssss




Running fine, the ITV vehicle inspection test passed through 2015.
Now it's time for us to get to know each other. She's a big fat sluggish thing in the city, but on the highway she glides along effortlessly. This is going to be fun to travel on and cover some miles.

But I get more smiles per gallon on la Balita, I have to admit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. Feel free to leave comment on a post or thread or suggest something of your own.

Deja tus comentarios y recomendaciones, me interesa leer los que opines.